Lely releases Lely Control for iOS: an application which enables farmers to operate the Lely Juno feed pusher and Lely Discovery mobile barn cleaner with an iPhone, iPad or iPod. Teus de Jong, Product Manager Feeding products at Lely Internatioal, explains that a similar application for Android phones, which Lely introduced in June 2014, is so successful that an Apple version could not be excluded.
Thanks to a Bluetooth connection farmers can control their Juno and Discovery from a longer distance. This offers more flexibility and possibilities than the current E-link control box. Farmers can pause the machine(s) from the feeding alley without approaching the machine.
Other benefits of Lely Control are:
- Multiple users are now able to operate the same machine
- It is easy to use as a smartphone is always on hand
- It requires less maintenance
- A smartphone offers more possibilities than the current E-link control box
- Lely can update the software and add new functionalities in the future
Farmers that already work with a Juno or Discovery can order a ‘retro fit’ from their Lely Center. Lely Control can be downloaded for free in the App Store. The ‘retro fit’ package replaces the current E-link for the Bluetooth receiver. Farmers can contact their local Lely Center for more information.