Stop and talk to the Lely folks while you’re at World Dairy Expo!
Learn how the Lely Vector automatic feeding system could easily work with your feeding operation, reduce labor hours and costs, increase feeding and boost milk production.
The Lely Vector automatic feeding system has the capability to work with a feed kitchen or a tower silo system. No matter which system you use, this unique setup allows for precise and efficient feeding, increasing labor and fuel efficiency while doing so.
Data from 17 Lely Vector farms was collected between 2011 and 2013. The following results were found when comparing farms one year before feeding with the Vector and one year after (note: farms started at different times; seasonality did not affect results):
- Average milk production increased of almost 4 lbs/cow with the same feed
- Reduced labor by at least 78% on all farms
- 43% saved 300-500 hours of labor per year
- 35% saved more than 500 hours per year
- Farm savings of 970-1,530 gallons of diesel per year by eliminating need for tractor and TMR mixer
- Herd behavior changed, stimulating free cow traffic
- Feeding 24 hours per day increased rumination and in turn, improved feed efficiency